Description PLEASE NOTE: We are accepting speculative applications only.
We do not currently have openings available for the position of Organic Modeller, however, we are accepting speculative applications. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please submit an application. We will keep your details on our databaseand contact you when a position becomes available, should you have the required skills and experience which match this position.
Organic Modellers at DNEG use a wide range of reference materials and work very closely with texture artists , shader artists, and look development artists t o create a range of digital assets of impeccable standard for world-class vfx films . You will work closely with the rigging team to produce models which will support their workflow requirements to aid the smooth running of the production.
- Strong spatial awareness and a good sense of form, scale, anatomy and proportion
- A very keen eye for detail
- A full working knowledge of modelling in any one or more of these packages: Maya, XSI and Cyslice
- Ability to work with packages such as Mud box or Z-brush
- Knowledge of Polygon and sub-division sur face modelling
- Ability to deliver a "clean" model with tidy polygon/sub-d placement and good basic UV layout for texturing
- Understanding of w hen to model detail or have the detail added through the shading, by liaising with the shader write rs and look development artists
Nice to Have
- A good knowledge of Linux
- Familiarity with W indows
- Experience in other areas of visual effects (TV, Games) will also be taken into account
- Kno wledge of NURBS modelling
- At least 1 year of experience in films or high end commercials
- Meticulous with high attention to detail
- A tea m player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.