Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team.
WB Games SF is seeking a Software Engineer for Central Product Management. As a Software Engineer on the team, you’ll work on networking the WB mobile gaming portfolio by building the social platform for all of WB mobile games.
What part will you play?
This individual contributor role will have a variety of responsibilities. The primary responsibility of the position is server-side chat development including working on distributed systems problems, performance, and scalability. As a seasoned Engineer, you will also be involved in brainstorming sessions, design discussions, and code reviews.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines and studios to help develop practical solutions that will bring our games to life. In this position you will have the opportunity to impact many areas of our software, while setting and maintaining the highest possible quality bar for yourself and the rest of the team.
- Execute full life-cycle software development.
- Work with our customers (other game studios) to integrate our product.
- Determine technical approaches to achieving business goals.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Understand mobile software application development broadly throughout full stack.
- Architect software applications in new languages and systems.
- Mentor team members and contribute to leveling up the team.
- Operate a live product in a rapidly shifting technical environment.
What do we require from you?
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least years of software engineer experience.
- Experience working with NodeJS.
- Experience working with Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Express, Websocket, and Protobuf.
- Understanding methods for performance optimization.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Documentation/presentation skills.
- Strong experience in estimating projects and time management skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Experience with game design and development on either mobile or console.
- Experience working with customers .