Framestore is a global leader in visual effects and computer graphics, having won every major industry award; including an Oscar and BAFTA for the film ‘Gravity’.
The Rendering team develops and supports the software used for rendering our production quality visual effects, including our in-house renderer, state-of-the-art shader libraries and artist focused rendering tools that are used globally across all of Framestore’s film projects.
We’re looking for a Junior-level Engineer to join and help take on new and upcoming production challenges. The Role
Our in-house renderer ‘freak’ is developed to generate production quality visual effects for feature films. Developed by a dedicated team of engineers in collaboration with the Shading department and production, Freak has proven a great success delivering our first batch of projects, and we are looking to build upon, strengthen and improve the technology.
Working within the Freak team, you will be responsible for:
- Improving and maintaining existing code, with a focus on quality, reliability, and maintainability.
- Working with your team and with artists to advise on strategies to improve the efficiency and quality of their renders, and proactively solving any problems they may have.
- Investigating and fixing bugs, testing new and existing features to ensure the highest levels of quality.
- Degree in Technical Animation, Computer Science or Software Engineering, with focus on computer graphics.
- Good working knowledge of C/C++.
- A keen interest in rendering techniques, with some experience in implementing them.
- A strong mathematical background and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in a Linux Development environment and version control systems such as git.
- Development as part of a team (e.g. class assignment or contribution to an open source project).
- Knowledge of graphic APIs (e.g. OpenGL, Unity, Shader development).
- A working knowledge of programming in Python
- Knowledge of Maya or a similar 3D package.
A passion and interest in film, games, and computer graphics is warmly welcomed! But prior experience is not necessary.
/privacy-policy. If you do not consent for your data to be used in this way then please do not continue with your application.