OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
Providing custom software for the production of computer animated movies. This custom software is used in most aspects of the CG pipeline including modeling, animation, special effects, image processing and rendering. It solves problems for which no off-the-shelf solutions are available.
- Design, develop, debug and maintain software, written mostly in C++ and Python, using state-of-the art algorithms and procedures.
- Software may be stand-alone or plug-ins to third-party packages such as Maya, Houdini and Nuke.
- Write documentation, demonstrate and instruct production staff on use of software.
- Stay current with advancements in relevant fields.
- Research possible new methods to improve quality of CG product, to improve productivity of CG production staff or to improve software development itself.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Education: MS or PhD in Computer Science, Physics or Math preferred.
- Experience: strong programming experience in Computer Graphics / Vision, Physics or Math.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Strong organizational and time management discipline.
- Ability to discuss and explain technical issues with non-technical production staff
- Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to artistic considerations when developing software.
- Operate professionally and effectively in stressful situations.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work both in a group and alone
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Blue Sky Studio management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.