Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN Modeler – Face Shape Artist (Senior) JOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Modeling and/or Creature Supervisor, the Sr. Face Shape Modeler produces photorealistic models from scratch for live action, major feature films and partners with team leadership to create high level milestones and task estimates. Working with the in-house modeling pipeline, the Sr. Face Shape Modeler is able to solve technical issues and assist in mentoring junior team members through their work and trouble shooting skills. RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Create high quality face shapes using FACS; implement improvements/changes based on review feedback and Supervisor/Lead direction.
- Proactively recommend and help with testing and proper implementation of ongoing pipeline improvements; Identifies potential issues, provides solutions, and escalates.
- Maintain positive relationship with all stakeholders and departments; attend and fully participate in meetings.
- Train, mentor and assist in overseeing junior modeling team members.
- Communicate with production with changes to scope, time and challenges to make adjustments to milestones if needed to achieve project and department goals.
- 5+ years’ VFX experience modeling photo realistic characters for live action feature film
- Expert Maya; could teach a class on how to use it and trouble shoot
- Excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox. Mari knowledge (a plus)
- Excellent technical trouble shooting skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of rigging process and displacement map work flow.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of facial anatomy and creating blend shapes for facial expressions using FACS
- Understanding of FACS, Visemes, Phonemes blendshape methodology.
- Experience working on creatures, topology and blend shapes.
- Eye for detail and able to QA own work to ensure highest quality before handing off assets.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines with multiple priorities an asset.
- Able to breakdown large goals into achievable milestones with production support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work OT, flexible hours, on call
+Dental Insurance HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.