Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Avalanche Software has been in the video game business for over 22 years. Formerly a Disney Interactive company, Avalanche was acquired by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in 2016. The studio's first title under WBIE was a companion video game to Cars 3 in partnership with Warner Bros., Disney, and Pixar. We are at the top of our game and excited to be a part of WBIE Interactive! We can’t wait to share what’s next in the world of immersive experiences!
Avalanche, a division of Warner Bros. Games Inc., is looking to hire a Cinematic Animator.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a highly talented team of proven developers and artists. We are looking for talented artists with strong art foundations and functional technical skills. Applicants should be creative self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating in a team setting with other artists, programmers and designers to create an immersive game experience. If this is you, send us your resume and portfolio for consideration.
What part will you play?
- Creating visually stunning animations.
- Assemble, edit, clean up, and enhance motion capture data shot on stage, including both body and face.
- Animate non-mocapped characters, creatures, and props by hand. This includes hand-keyed facial expressions and lip sync as necessary.
- Work closely with Narrative Tech Designers to integrate scenes into the game engine, monitoring and troubleshooting any technical issues that might arise.
- Work closely with cinematic lead to achieve high standard of quality.
What do we require from you?
- A strong demo reel that demonstrates expert knowledge of fundamental animation principles and acting skills. Be able to create a full range of lifelike performances from the subtle to the dramatic and powerful.
- Demonstrate proficient command of weight, timing, and posing through manipulating motion capture data as well as key-framing.
- High level of proficiency in Maya and MotionBuilder. Experience working with both body and facial performance capture pipelines recommended.
- Good understanding of scene staging and layout. Experience with photography or cinematography a plus.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Outstanding creativity and very strong commitment to a project.
- B.A. in fine arts or relevant curriculum, or equivalent skillset.
- Minimum 4 years’ industry or related experience.
- 1 or more published titles working with motion capture performance data is a major plus.
- Passion for video games.