OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
The Compositor combines computer generated elements into visual effects shots at the direction of the Lighting/Compositing Leads and Lighting Supervisor.
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including but not limited to 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, color grading, 3D projections, roto/paint work
- Implement compositing solutions for designated shots, utilizing base lighting comps and direction from Lighting and Compositing Leads and Lighting Supervisor.
- Complete shots in an appropriate time frame while communicating any issues or slowdowns to Lighting leadership
- Create organized and efficient compositing scripts to be handed off to the Stereo department
- May be asked to light shots to Director approval level.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Fine Arts, Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in lighting and compositing
- Experience with and understanding of basic lighting principles
- Demo reel required demonstrating strong artistic skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, scale, and composition.
- Familiarity with one or more animation package (Maya is preferred)
- Experience in a Linux production environment is required
- Demonstrated experience working closely in a small team with tight schedules.
- Scripting or programming experience is a plus.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Traditional art portfolio demonstrating traditional art skills is a plus.
- Ability to manage resources to achieve aesthetic goals on schedule.
- Experience with Maya or equivalent is a strong plus.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage time well.
- Expert knowledge of Nuke or equivalent is required.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.