At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Lighting/Compositing Supervisor works closely with the Global VFX Supervisor and show Creative Leadership to supervise and achieve the desired look of the series as it relates to lighting and compositing.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Lighting/Compositing Supervisor to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Lighters to setup, light, rig and establish environment and character lighting
- Establish the lighting style of the show and carry it through the series, maximizing efficiency and ensuring high quality in a fast paced environment
- Initiate, setup, organize and document show specific comp tools
- Perform technical work in support of shot lighting using various production tools
- Develop creative lighting setup as required using lighting and compositing tools
- Uphold established render guidelines in production shots
- Work with Partner Studio(s) to communicate the overall lighting vision of the show
- Serve as lighting and compositing point person in production specific meetings and reviews
- Partner with the CG Animation Director and Lead Effects Artist on creative solutions to execute the show
● Aesthetic eye for light composition and detail
● Strong understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design
● Experience in Maya and Nuke
● Experience compositing render passes generated from V-Ray
● Strong visual storyteller with knowledge of traditional film language and in-camera effects
● Ability to travel to Partner Studio(s), as needed
● Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Is a team player, who genuinely enjoys working with others
● Strong time-management skills
● Ideally 5 or more years of experience in television animation, feature animation, VFX, and/or video games
● Knowledge of XGen and Shave and a Haircut preferred
● Python scripting experience preferred
● Working knowledge of linear workflows
● Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
● Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) is a plus
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.