About Zoic Labs
Zoic Labs is an advanced visualization company focused on the intersection of data, narrative, design, and emerging technologies. Since 2002, we have developed software and virtual production tools for sister company Zoic Studios, a multi-platform storytelling company with emphasis on high-end computer graphics for film, television, gaming, and VR/AR experiences. We build proprietary products and platforms, and provide UI/UX design, agile software development, R&D, and consulting services for a diverse range of private companies, as well as the U.S. Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.Position Description
As Zoic Lab's UX Designer, you will be responsible for creating and optimizing user flows and wireframes to ultimately produce ideal user experience across a variety of software applications. Work with the engineering department and client/user to find the perfect marriage between functional user experience and design.Skills Required
- Extensive experience designing user-experiences for web applications, mobile applications, and/or applications for other platforms.
- Experience gathering requirements from clients and working with clients on product design and development at each stage of project life cycle.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Experience Design, Photoshop, Axure Rapid Prototype
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to produce pixel-perfect comps for web pages.
- Must be able to do real time rapid prototyping in front of clients or team.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX best practices and progressive enhancement
- Comprehensive knowledge of W3C standards compliant front-end HTML and CSS.
- Advanced knowledge of cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with responsive design
- Full understanding of HTML5/CSS3 a plus!
- Mobile/Tablet development experience a plus!
- Mobile APP development experience a plus!
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to utilize time allotted efficiently
- knowledge of information architecture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Experience using Jira
- Ability to work with various departments to resolve issues
- Ability to work well under pressure with short deadlines
- Desire to learn, improve and advance
- Experience with Adobe After Effects
- Experience with any 3D software
NOTE: This position is located on-site in our Culver City office. This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
*We also have the best homemade guacamole served in Culver City.