Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
What part will you play?
Monolith Productions, developers of Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor and Middle Earth Shadow of War, are seeking passionate and talented game developers to join us in creating our next big gaming innovation.
Monolith, a subsidiary of WB Games Inc., seeks an Advanced Artist, UI who has a passion for creating industry leading UI/UX visual designs. The Advanced Artist, UI works with a variety of team members to help design, create, implement and optimize UI assets for Monolith Productions industry leading AAA projects. They are responsible for maintaining high visual fidelity, competitive aesthetics, logical menu flow, and presenting game information in a clear and understandable manner. The Advanced Artist, UI must work with industry standard tools and our own proprietary tool set to ensure a high level of fit and finish to all UI elements.
Working with Art and Creative Directors, Engineers, and Game designers, the Advanced Artist will help design and shape the visual and functional aspects of the game’s interface needs. This may also include UI workflow optimizations, tools improvements, and the development of new techniques for visual display and information presentation.
- Design, Illustrate, and create high quality UI visual components including - menus, icons, stats/inventory screens, in-game HUD elements, illustrations, vfx etc.
- In tandem with the UI/UX engineers and UI/UX Director, implement UI content into Monolith Productions Propriety engine.
- Collaborate and communicate with Directors, Game designers, Producers & Engineers in the creation and implementation of the game UI.
- Contribute to the continued improvement and optimization of UI/UX implementation tools and pipelines.
What do we require from you?
• 8+ more years of game development art experience as a UI/UX artist
• At least 3 shipped AAA titles as a UI/UX artist.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Degree in Illustration, Graphic Design, Industrial Design or equivalent work experience as a User Interface Artist
• Advanced graphic design and illustration skills.
• Advanced visual design understanding with an awareness of the impact of typography, layout and composition, color theory, value structure, and visual hierarchy.
• Advanced proficiency in industry tools including Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent.
• Strong knowledge of one or more types of 3D software (Maya, 3DS Max is preferred).
• Knowledge of 2D-2.5D motion graphic software packages (After Effects, Premier, Flash, Scaleform).
• Strong understanding of game development process and associated pipelines.
• Experience working within a variety of game development environments, tools, and engines.
• Able to work with designers, engineers, and artists to help establish efficient in engine implementation and improve existing technology.
• High capacity to learn new tools with an interest in researching new technology to improve visual quality, tools, and efficiency of implementation.
• Strong organization skills with adherence to optimization and asset management.
• Able to work well under pressure and deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
• Able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Strong understanding of modern pop culture trends within the entertainment industry with an ability to successfully apply to UI art style as needed.
• Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating exceptional graphic and illustration design sensibilities, and attention to deta