MODELER [MID - SR]
- MTLJOB SUMMARY
Reporting to the Modeling Supervisor, the well rounded Modeler will execute poly modeling skills for everything from creating environments, vehicles, props and characters to be used in production with an emphasis on photorealism, accuracy, detail, and function. Working with the in-house modeling pipeline, the Modeler is able to solve technical issues independently. RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Create high quality models and UVs for use in production; implement improvements/changes based on review feedback and Supervisor/Lead direction
- Design and implement high level conceptual to practical modeling
- Proactively recommend ongoing pipeline improvements; Identifies potential issues and provides solutions, and escalates as needed
- Maintain positive relationship with all stakeholder departments; attend meetings as needed
- Work within the defined pipeline
- Ensure continuity and support other asset departments such as texture, lookdev, Generalists and rigging
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- 3+ years’ VFX experience modeling photo realistic assets for live action feature film
- Expert in Maya; could teach a class on how to use it and trouble shoot
- Excellent knowledge of Zbrush and/or Mudbox. Mari knowledge (a plus)
- Excellent technical trouble shooting skills and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to take design from ambiguous to full design implementation
- Strong understanding of rigging process and displacement map work flow
- Experience working on creatures, digi doubles, topology and blend shapes (preferred)
- Eye for detail and able to QA own work to ensure highest quality before handing off assets
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; experience working under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
+Dental Insurance HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.