Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm’s mission remains the same; to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. We encompass the best of both worlds – a team of dedicated professionals with years of experience, who are also at the forefront of an industry taking over the entertainment landscape. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio’s arcade room!
What part will you play?
WB Games seeks an Associate Designer to help develop games on mobile platforms at Netherrealm Studios in Chicago.
Join a veteran studio creating triple A titles on both console & mobile, working on IP’s such as Mortal Kombat and Injustice.
- Importing, polishing, & set up of character combat animations.
- Iterate on timing and presentation of character combat.
- Working with & communicating with Animators.
- Matinee & cinematics camera work and track creation/editing.
- Game balance.
What do we require from you?
- Participation in a Game Development program is beneficial.
- Previous design experience on a console or mobile game desired but not required.
- Work or project experience with a game development engine, preferably Unreal.
- Gaming experience & knowledge of fighting games, especially Netherrealm games.
- Gaming experience & knowledge of mobile games, especially Netherrealm mobile games.
- Familiarity with animation editing.
- Familiarity with cinematic tools.
- Personal communication skills.
- Documentation skills.
- Must work daily with other designers and communicate effectively.
- Must be collaborative on tasks and accept input/criticism productively.
- Must be highly proactive in finishing out tasks.