Previs at DNEG is vital for the studio to understand and best prepare the task ahead on all shows. It give us the information we need to ensure we remain true to the telling of a story.
Our Previs Artists have th e ability to use a variety of techniques to compose and animate shots that work in sequence together . Using Maya, they will animate all aspects with a shot often including characters, vehicles and the camera. There is a creative element to their work, often using 2D cards within the scene to sell certain aspects of the shot. Flexibility and taking notes on board to turn shots around in a quick time-frame is key to their work while also retaining the high level of work expected.
- Experience with key-frame animation and manipulating motion capture data.
- Knowledge of cinematography and a keen eye for shot composition.
- Background in general 3D. Simple modelling/texturing tasks would sometimes be required.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Creative problem solver and good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining high quality results.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.