Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That’s where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer – Gameplay to join the award-winning engineering team behind Middle earth: Shadow of Mordor and its sequel Middle earth: Shadow of War, in creating game systems for exciting, cutting-edge action games.
As a member of Monolith's Game Engineering team you will work closely with engineers, designers and artists to develop game-play for our next triple-A title.As a Senior Game Engineer, your domain will span as much of the gameplay codebase as your skills and interests dictate, as you design and implement extensions to existing systems and pivotal new game systems to meet the needs of our talented in-house team of content developers.
In addition, as part of Monolith’s highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both game specific and general engineering systems across the entire codebase.
This job will require collaboration with the rest of Monolith's engineering team on issues of technical design.You will also work closely with other engineers and content development experts on implementing and refining systems to meet our designers' vision.
What part will you play?
- Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
- Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of your systems
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies; coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
- Review the work of other engineers and mentor them to improve their knowledge and skills
What do we require from you? Work Experience
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- Experience developing complex game-play systems for a published game.
- Designed and implemented major game systems for a published game (preferred)
- Experience developing for major consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- Worked on AAA game title from concept to ship (preferred)
- Experience developing first or third person action games (preferred)
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust and fun game-play
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers
- Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills
- Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills
- Strong desire to build industry-leading game systems