OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
Lighting TDs at Blue Sky Studios create and apply the lighting on individual assigned shots, with the goal of achieving the appropriate aesthetic style as designed by the Director and Art Director. Lighting TD Temps s take shots handed off from the Animation department and shepherd them all the way through the processes of lighting, rendering, and compositing. Lighting TD Temps are fully responsible for the final look of their shots, a concept we refer to as "shot ownership".
- Work collaboratively with Lighting Supervisor, Lighting Leads, and fellow Lighting TDs to obtain Director approval of shots.
- Design and implement lighting for designated shots, utilizing master lighting rigs, color keys, and direction from Lighting Supervisor and Lighting Leads.
- Compositing and Rendering of all elements and layers for each shot.
- Create organized and efficient lighting setups to be rendered in Blue Sky's proprietary renderer CGI Studio.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation required or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in lighting and compositing.
- Experience with and understanding of basic lighting concepts.
- Familiarity with scripting concepts (C-Shell, Perl, Python, RenderMan, MEL and/or similar).
- Familiarity with one or more animation package (Maya, Softimage, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems.
- Experience working in a production environment preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
- Ability to manage resources to achieve aesthetic goals on schedule.
- Strong problem-solving skills
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Lighting TDs work for a 24/7 Animation Studio: Flexible working hours and overtime are required.
- Office working environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Blue Sky Studio management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.