Zoic Labs is an advanced visualization company focused on the intersection of big data, narrative, design, and emerging technologies.
Since 2002, we have developed software and virtual production tools for Zoic Studios, a multi-platform storytelling company with emphasis on high-end computer graphics for film, television, and gaming.
We are looking for a Graphics Programmer with a focus on interactive 3D graphics and applications. The ideal candidate enjoys the diversity and challenges of working at various levels in the software stack from intuitive user interfaces to backend integration, is enthusiastic about the latest desktop/mobile/web technologies, and loves elegant design and highly functional applications. The software engineer filling this role should welcome being assigned to a single project or a variety of projects, depending on Zoic Labs’ needs.
This is a position on-site in our Vancouver location. It is a full-time (40 hours per week) project based position that will be 4-5 months in length with the potential opportunity for extension. Job Responsibilities
Work as a part of the Zoic Labs software development team to build cutting-edge applications. This is not a game development position. Technical Skills/Qualifications
Other Desired Skills
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Experience developing 3D graphics using technologies such as Open GL
- Experience developing applications using any of the following languages: C#, C++, Java, or Python
- Experience creating applications with responsive user interfaces
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Experience with progressive-based ray tracers
- Experience using DirectX to create visualizations a plus!
- Experience with development tools such as Visual Studio a plus!
- Linux experience a plus!
- Cloud Computing on AWS/GCP experience a plus!
- Ability to obtain a security clearance a plus!
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to utilize time allotted efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly experienced in working as part of a development team
- Experienced in working with stakeholders, clients, etc. to assess needs, understand problems being faced, and create a plan to move forward towards a solution.
- Proven problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with short deadlines
- Ability to work with various departments to resolve issues
NOTE: This position is located on-site in our Vancouver office. This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.