Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The focus of this role is to develop photorealistic marketing art assets for both external production partners and Star Wars Franchise support.
- Utilize Photoshop to retouch, color correct and grade multiple instances of character photography and set photography, as well as multiple angles/poses of computer-generated images of characters and vehicles, with skill and consistency.
- Within Photoshop create photorealistic images by seamlessly combining some combination of multiple photographic, computer-generated, and/or FX source plates with skill and consistency.Assists in all phases of production from bidding to archiving
- Utilize a non-destructive workflow and automated processes to quickly set up files and quickly respond to critique in order to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Reference VFX shots from the pertinent show and notes from the VFX Supervisor and Art Director to maintain the right look and feel of art assets.
- Possess a combination of retouching skills, for example: beauty retouching/hair and fur separation; advanced color correction and color balancing; advanced isolation, relighting and perspective matching.
- Maintain strong layer discipline in a non-destructive workflow with clearly named layers – anyone should be able to pick up your working file and understand it.
Education / Experience
- B.F.A. with emphasis in illustration or equivalent experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
*Demo reel or portfolio required*
- After Effects, Maya, and/or Modo experience is a plus.
- Ability to use Photoshop Actions to automate redundant processes is essential; you can be trained on the job, but a demonstration of prior knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work with computer-generated images, including various AOVs (render outputs); demonstration of prior knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline oriented environment and as part of a team.
- Experience with Linux a plus.