DreamWorks Animation is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to join our lighting tools team. Our major, long term project is the implementation and enhancement of lighting workflows for feature production. DreamWorks Animation has a great mixture of extremely talented artists and engineers. It is this balance of art and technology that inspires us to think big, and create the magic. We are looking for someone with great technical and personal skills, who is ready to make a difference!Responsibilities include:
- Seek to maximize lighter efficiency through design and implementation of intuitive user interfaces and effective underlying systems.
- Provide artists with technology that enhances their craft while minimizing their need to know underlying technical details.
- Helping create the best lighting tool in the industry
- Adding new features and improvements, and fixing bugs in our lighting tool
- Supporting artists in production
• B.S. in Computer Science or related field
• Strong in C/C++ and object-oriented software design and architecture
• Experience with 3D applications such as Katana
• Experience with Web Services and Python
• Experience with UI development using Qt
• Experience developing and maintaining unit tests
• Experience working with agile software development methodologies (such as Scrum)
• Good communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.