Creature TDs are responsible for setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, cloth, rigid body simulations as well as able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
- Set up and run proprietary cloth, hair, flesh surfaces and rigid body simulations
- Hero-creature enveloping using a combination of commercial software packages and proprietary tools
- Run flesh-volume simulations
- Wrangle creature rigging issues for artists in other disciplines
- Basic proficiency in another discipline -modeling, viewpaint, TD, animation
- Mentor entry level artists
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages
- Create dynamic simulations in packages such as Maya/XSI
Wrangle creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines, such as:
- MOCAP data re-targeting in XSI/Maya;
- Act as wrangler for a creature and/or a specific technique used across multiple creatures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required.
- Proven experience required in 3D CGI for digital animation, visual effects or producing cg characters and creatures for visual media.
- Expertise with Maya and/or other high-end animation software is required.
- Experience with C++, mel, python, or other scripting languages is desirable.
- Feature Film experience required.
- Experience in corrective sculpting. Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
- A demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role.