We are always seeking more efficient and state of the art ways to improve our pipeline as well as establish new and emerging technologies in the world of stereo film. Our Comp Elements Team act as key players in the conversion of VFX shots. They prepare all relevant elements to go through the pipeline, ensuring the integrity of each final plate. Some of their tasks include dissecting large multi pass Nuke scripts, optimizing and setting them up for Stereo Comp.
Our Comp Elements Artists are specialists at troubleshooting complex scripts/comps. Working closely with the Compositing Supervisor and/or Comp Elements Lead, you will determine the best approach to extract shots for our pipeline. This includes deciphering and extracting relevant depth layers from Nuke scripts while keeping in mind the needs of all departments involved. You will assemble “mini-comps” that reproduce 100% of the original mono script as well as troubleshoot and reconstruct missing elements in comps where needed. It is essential to complete work on schedule while maintaining constant communication with the Production Team and Leads.Must Have
Nice to Have
- Minimum of 2+ years live action visual effects compositing experience
- Proficient in Nuke
- Experience in projection, cg integration, keying and clean-up techniques
- Excellent understanding of 3D multi-pass workflows, colour space, basic Nuke expressions and plate distortion
- The ability to collaborate with other compositors to share knowledge and techniques
- Completion of a formal educational course in the Arts or Sciences
- Experience in Stereoscopic Compositing is a plus
- Strong eye for details
- Fast and efficient; the ability to work under tight deadlines with a minimum of supervision
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montreal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.