The compositor combines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
- Together with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on moderately difficult to difficult shots.
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines.
Education / Experience:
- BA in Computer Graphics or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 yrs of compositing experience in a feature film or commercial production environment
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Nuke
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color
- Strong sense of composition, color and design
- Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
- Familiarity with using Unix systems