Wingnut AR are seeking highly skilled CG Animators to join our groundbreaking team of Augmented Reality artists. You will be working at the forefront of technology and imagination in order to bring ingenious forms of entertainment to the world.Responsibilities:
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Create high quality real-time and cinematic animation using hand keyed animation and motion capture data.
- Export, develop and test animation in game engines (primarily Unreal Engine).
- Collaborate with the other creatives, animators, artists and developers to solve problems and create high quality Augmented Reality content.
- Manage your time effectively to meet the production schedules whilst regularly communicating your progress to the team.
- Provide WIP animation clips for review and creative discussion. Take direction, be willing to address comments and make changes.
- Experiment with emerging technologies.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years animation experience in feature films or game development.
- Strong grasp of the principles of motion, timing, anticipation, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward/inverse kinematics, and other facets of 2D & 3D animation.
- A demonstrated passion and ability in animating naturalistic creatures.
- A demonstrated passion and ability in animating character performance and lip sync.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative and creative environment.
- Expert communicator and collaborates well with others.
- A love of learning and can take initiative to solve tough problems.
- Highly proficient in Maya.
- Assist production in other parts of the pipeline if needed.
- Experience with rig building, weighting and setting up controls and interfaces for character animation.
- Experience with Game Development and tools, Unreal Engine / Unity Game Engine.
- Passionate about what is next in Animation across all visual entertainment.
- Showreel - A well presented showreel of your best work. A breakdown must be included with the reel.
- CV - Including a cover letter explaining why you want to work in the AR industry and what you can bring to our company beyond your skill set. Please include professional work experience and current references.
For any further queries about this role, please email Wingnut AR at Apply
Location: Wellington - New Zealand