Weta Digital is looking to hire a Department Production Manager to join our growing Production team. We are keen to talk to experienced production candidates who have a track record of scheduling and managing through to delivery, large volumes of work on complex VFX projects.Job Description:
The Dept Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire schedule of a single project, or a substantial component of a single project within a department at Weta Digital.Key Responsibilities:
Needs to know and have:
- Managing either the entirety, or a significant proportion of a large show. Supporting the Dept manager with the planning of resource requirements, and ensuring a comprehensive schedule is built, maintained and tracked through to final delivery.
- Sharing responsibility for scheduled targets and working with both department production and show production to ensure the schedule is on track, ensuring that risks and changes are communicated clearly and in good time.
- Reporting on weekly progress, including Stacks (milestone) updates, passing on relevant client feedback and any other supporting information that would benefit the team.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
- Proven scheduling experience and knowledge of scheduling tools, ideally database knowledge, preferably Shotgun.
- Good knowledge of Excel & Word.
- Organised and able to multi-task, especially with regards to fielding queries from, and providing updates to multiple groups.
- Capable of motivating and leading teams with enthusiasm
- Able to troubleshoot & solve problems
- Calm and personable under pressure and when working to tight deadlines.
- Able to delegate effectively and provide mentoring to Production Coordinators & Assistants
- A minimum of 3+ years experience working in VFX production
Location: Wellington - New Zealand