The Associate Producer (Front End) is responsible for managing the creative process for traditional front end departments, which may include but are not limited to: story, editorial, music, visual development, asset creation, character development and layout. They ensure effective communication among the Director, Producer and studio leadership and find successful ways for the film achieve its creative goals while staying on budget and on schedule.
- Manages Director’s day-to-day priorities, specifically tasks in story, editorial, music and choreography. Follows through on Producer’s goals for the day. Ensures the effective communication between all parties even while Directors are traveling.
- Accountable for production strategy, schedule and budget management of story, editorial, art, asset and character development, layout and animation. Responsible for usual production and financial reporting processes.
- Manages production and artistic crew for area of focus. Responsible for morale, mentorship and timely feedback processes. Ensures notes are on point, appropriately organized with action items identified and followed up on.
- Supports Producer in working with casting directors for voice, musical and dance talent. Ability to narrow candidates and/or make recommendations for secondary voice casting.
- Responsible for working with lawyers, agents and talent to negotiate day / secondary talent contracts; scheduling recording sessions; and for managing staff in the preparation and execution of the recording sessions.
- Partners with music producers and show leadership to follow through on music production process and talent management.
- Supports Producer to manage choreography process (schedule and run tapings) and talent.
- Creative point person for marketing and CP to ensure that the sensibility of the show is preserved and exhibited
● 5 years of experience as an Associate Producer or Production Manager with comprehensive knowledge of front-end feature animation production pipeline processes.
● Strong, clear, confident communication skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to interact with all levels of the company as well as external partners or guests
● Excellent, proven organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage creative leaders while meeting the needs of the production
● Strong creative and storytelling sensibility with ability to identify and support the tone and direction of the show
● Strong leadership skills with ability to anticipate problems due to extensive hands-on experience in front-end processes on multiple feature films.
● Has an even temperament, a sense of humor and is discreet with sensitive information
● Proven record of working well on a team and enjoys a collaborative work environment
● Ability to work proactively and independently and manage multiple projects with competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced culture.
● Proficiency in software like Microsoft Word and Excel, Gmail and Shotgun
● Interested candidate must submit a resume through Apply
to be considered
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.