CNBC is looking for talented Editor to develop and maintain a rolodex of regular contributing writers for the NYC-basedMake Itteam.
CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money. The Editor will assign and edit contributor content, managing a robust editorial calendar and demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of Make It’s style and voice.Qualifications/Requirements
• At least 3 years of editing experience.
• Must possess the ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills.
• Previous experience or demonstrated interest in money, careers, leadership and entrepreneurship topics.
• Previous experience working with freelance writers and contributors preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.