As a Game Programmer at Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc. you will be part of a dedicated and dynamic team developing high quality mobile social games targeted at the top of the grossing and download charts. Reporting to the Game Producer, you will work closely with game designers and server side developers to develop the game client. You must be comfortable working in an agile environment. You’ll also be expected to estimate timescales for your tasks in advance and deliver milestones as part of the development process.
You will need to be an experienced Game Programmer who is self-motivated and a strong team player. You take pride in your work and you understand how to deliver a quality product. You have a passion for games and you want to make games to be played by millions of people across the world. Core Skills & Experience:
- Proven C#/C/C++ commercial experience within the computer games industry.
- Strong experience of technical design.
- Experience of Unity, another C# game engine, or Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Client / Server development
- Possess a strong portfolio that demonstrates game development skills ideally on mobile platforms.
- An excellent attitude, positive mind-set and pro-active to any work completed.
- A passion of video games.
- Ability to communicate and work with coders, artists, game and audio designers in a dynamic team environment.
- Willing to help others and ask for help where needed.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Experience of iOS, Android or other mobile development.
- Experience within a mobile gaming environment is a distinct advantage.
- Objective C, Java.
Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating premium free-to-play game services for iOS, Android and Facebook platforms. We are a highly ambitious company committed to making chart-topping products. Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals.
Golf Clash has been downloaded over 65 million times on iOS and Android and is the number 1 grossing mobile sports game in the US. The game won “Best Mobile Game” at the 2018 BAFTA Awards and Mobile Game Awards.
Acquired by TT Games Studio, part of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and the makers of best-selling LEGO titles including “LEGO Star Wars” and “LEGO Dimensions”, Playdemic is embarking on its next exciting chapter and we are looking forward to lovingly crafting the next generation of LEGO mobile titles. As a result, we’re looking for passionate, dedicated individuals to join us on the next part of our journey.
Playdemic offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.