This Producer will be responsible for spotting breaking news, curating and communicating important editorial news developments and conducting research across MSNBC Live show teams.Job Duties
- Fill in for senior editor in her absence
- Keep track of and summarize fast-moving original reporting across MSNBC and NBC News
- Spot new developments from other media organizations and communicate across NBC News and MSNBC to match to NBC’s own reporting
- Organize APs, PAs and Interns monitoring incoming news, interviews and feeds
- Communicate across NBC News newsgathering teams to coordinate story confirmation efforts
- Demonstrate editorial judgment in curating and communicating news developments.
- Oversee policy, news or data-based research and ensuing graphics creation
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
• Must have at least 5 years’ production experience (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.)
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through Apply
to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
• Ability to enterprise, research, and plan stories
• Up to date on periodicals
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.