At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Asset Generalist works closely with the Art Director, Animation Supervisor, Production and our Partner Studio to help ensure that all aspects of the asset creation process come together seamlessly and efficiently on the Boss Baby TV Show.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for an Asset Generalist to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and note production asset builds created by our Partner Studio
- Under the guidance of the Art Director and Animation Supervisor, participate in asset discussions and communicate directly with Partner Studio
- Help note/prepare Design Model Packs to send to Partner Studio
- Check asset files for consistency, as well as confirming asset files adhere to our established pipeline
- Collaborate with Leads and Artists to help flag potential asset issues
- Provide overall support to the CG Animation Team by helping with other various tasks, such as creating set dress files, creating breakouts and completing simple asset updates (i.e. texture switches)
● Experience with modeling, texturing, hair and rigging
● Proficient in Maya and Photoshop
● Fundamental generalist skills for troubleshooting and identifying problems within files
● Prior experience working in a fast paced production environment
● Ability to meet required production deadlines
● Creative problem solving and adaptability skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
● At least 3 years working within a 3D pipeline
● Knowledge of Shave and a Haircut, V-Ray and XGen, Z-Brush a plus
● Experience with asset management software, Shotgun is a plus
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Experience working with Partner Studio(s) is a plus
● Episodic production experience a plus
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.