The Senior Social Media Editor reports to the digital Editor-In-Chief and will manage SNY’s social media presence to maintain consistent voice and owns audience interaction across social media platforms. The Senior Social Media Editor will also execute, along with the Senior Manager of Data Measurement and Analytics, SNY’s audience engagement and social media optimization strategy.Responsibilities:
- At the direction of the Editor-In-Chief, will own and maintain SNY’s brand and tone of voice across platforms to ensure consistency.
- Assist Editor-In-Chief with social media editorial calendar by working with insiders, video and social team and to develop story ideas.
- Manage the scheduling of full-time and freelance social media editors
- Proactively propose original, timely and innovative stories covering New York sports
- Along with the Multi-Platform Marketing Manager, execute and measure marketing initiatives, including targeting and boosting.
- Produce and edit video, images and GIFs for use across SNY.tv and social media platforms
- Pitch, write, create and curate content for social media platforms. Ensure that the posts reflect the tone and voice of SNY's content strategy.
- Optimize linear content to be published on SNY.tv and social platforms
- Build audience engagement with an understanding of data and analytics, identifying and monitoring trends
- Brainstorm, draft and implement strategies to guide our social media efforts.
- Cover events live across social platforms.
- Identify, pitch and write trending stories.
- Plan social-first editorial strategies, as well as custom content for visual platforms like Facebook videos and Instagram.
- Edit and cut videos for our social media platforms.
- Run breaking news events across social media, including live tweeting and Facebook Live.
- Innovate new content strategies to broaden the brand's reach.
- Train reporters and editors across the newsroom in social media best practices.
- Stay up to date on the latest social media announcements and emerging technologies.
Qualifications/RequirementsMinimum 3 years’ experience in social media or audience engagement
Strong writing and editing skills required.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stories and projects at once in an organized manner.
Proven track record building an audience and deepening engagement with targeted demos as part of a team.
Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
Proficient in the use of the following camera and editing systems:
Previous experience with or exposure to data tracking on social platforms preferred.
Passionate about sports; particular interest in New York sports strongly preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
management experience is a plus
Previous experience in a breaking news environment is a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.