Reporting to the digital Editor-In-Chief, the Senior Editorial Producer will help develop and execute a multi-platform publishing strategy focused on growing the core audience. The Senior Editorial Producer will manage a team of full-time Editorial Producers and freelance News Desk writers that manage and coordinate content across SNY.tv. The Senior Editorial Producer will partner with the digital Editor-In-Chief to define and refine SNY’s tone and voice across all platforms, ensuring that the network provides users with the most relevant, timely and engaging New York sports content possible. Responsibilities:
- Assist Editor-In-Chief with editorial calendar by working with insiders, video and social team and to develop story ideas.
- Manage the scheduling of Editorial Producers and freelance news desk.
- Proactively propose original, timely and innovative stories covering New York sports
- Produce, write, edit and post stories (textual, video, photos, and audio) to our digital properties utilizing a content management system and other digital tools.
- Report on various events (games, practices, etc.) and provide articles in timely manner covering the key news/storylines of the day.
- Promote content with journalistically accurate, creative, engaging and SEO friendly headlines.
- Proactively search for latest and relevant content around the web, social media and other platforms that can be spun into stories relevant to our fans (“content mining.”)
- Work with video creation team to plan and release compelling video to our website.
- Support company social media efforts via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms.
- Produce newsletters, manage alerts
QualificationsLooking for a passionate sports fan, with strong knowledge of New York Sports and its professional and collegiate teams, who knows how to aggregate, find and program engaging sports content.
Minimum 3 years’ experience editing & producing digital sports content, including 2 years’ of managerial experience.
High level social/mobile media understanding. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, RSS, smartphones and tablet devices. Checking blogs, monitoring major sports sites, and following sports media personalities on Twitter are all examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis.
Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing.
Ability to multi-task and work in a time-sensitive environment. Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong work ethic, strong communication and problem solving skills.
Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
Mastery of all of these platforms will eventually be required. However, training will be provided where necessary.
AP Style writing
Familiarity with HTML/CSS
Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Audition/Media Encoder)
Microsoft Suite: (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
Google Suite: (Calendar/Docs/Analytics)
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Marketing/Advertising, or Communication is preferred.
Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is important.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.