- Create a variety of complex models, including props and environments, as well as basic characters.
- Demonstrate understanding of design fundamentals/principles preparing and installing models for production.
- Demonstrate versatility in their ability to create a wide range of models from hard-edged to organic shapes.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic Unix commands/navigation.
- Create models that align with artistic design/style of film; interprets art reference/art direction.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Prepares and installs technically clean models for production.
- Troubleshoots technical and creative problems.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking in various modeling approaches and apply tools effectively and creatively to models.
- Familiarity with the design rules and themes of the film currently assigned to and how to best apply them.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of common design components that make aesthetically pleasing models, i.e. balance, composition, shape , rhythm, etc.
• Understands the technical requirements of each model and how technical modeling decisions relate to other departments
• Able to meet or beat assignment deadlines
• Solid communication, listening and presentation skills
• Good people skills; team player and a high level of professionalism
• Shows adaptability to new methods, techniques and tools, as well as adaptability to the show production pipeline/environment
• Eagerness to learn and willingness to hone own technical and creative skills
• Willingness to take direction/feedback
• Understanding of programming languages (MEL, PERL, CSH) a plus
• Solution oriented; makes recommendations to improve modeling processes
• Minimum of 2+ years of industry experience Willingness to model characters, props and environments
• Proficient knowledge of pipeline techniques, i.e. working with Makefiles, use of percs, moving/renaming files, and troubleshooting for other departments
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.