E! News online is looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated full time team player to help lead its LA news team.
The senior editor will be responsible for directly managing the afternoon/evening team of writers and editors and will discover, prioritize, and assign out daily stories, setting the short and long-term news budget alongside their counterpart on the East Coast and under the direct supervision of the Deputy Editor.
They will also be responsible for writing and publishing content, and helping guide our news priorities across franchises, fielding daily pitches, and curating content that drives the pop culture conversation forward.
The ideal candidate should have a keen understanding of the E! News audience, be completely tapped into content metrics and analytics tools, and use data-driven analysis and social conversations to determine content. They should be updated on everything not just celebrity, but pop culture.
- Assign out day-to-day news content and oversee a team of editors and writers
- Set daily budgets for content as well as longer lead projects
- Write, edit and publish content
- Hire, train and oversee a team of interns for the digital news team
- Field daily pitches and curate content on multi-platform channels
- Create a strong breadth of digital content that engages and grows audience
- Navigate breaking news stories to push content forward with next beats
- Monitor and help manage editorial calendar to identify future features and timely content
- Ability to conceive of and execute on daily news & feature stories pivoting off relevant and major news arcs
- Work with social media managers to ensure that content is being distributed appropriately
- Off-hours, weekend and award show coverage needed depending on news cycle
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Minimum three years of experience in a deadline writing environment, ideally entertainment news
Strong knowledge of pop culture, celebrity news and the E! brand
- Clear and concise communicator; ability to work across platforms – digital, linear and social media
- Hard-working, dedicated and detail-oriented
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment within a competitive 24/7 breaking news cycle
- Very knowledgeable in social media and SEO and how they influence news production
- Has an eye for best and most traffic-driving stories with an ability to spot the next viral or hot-button story
Proven management experience
- Proven track record of discovering viral content and news content ahead of the curve
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.