At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Lighter/Compositor works closely with the Lighting/Compositing Supervisor and Global VFX Supervisor to develop lighting looks and light rigs for CG series and lighting and compositing final scenes.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Lighter/Compositor to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and create lighting and the look of environments and characters for digitally composited sequences to reinforce the vision of show Creative Leadership while meeting the production schedule
- Setup, light, rig and comp Character and Environment Assets
- Manage personal asset lighting load, meeting all deadlines of milestones based on the established schedule and technical requirements
- Initiate, setup, organize and document any lighting tools
- Perform technical work in support of shot lighting using various production tools
- Perform creative lighting development setup as required using lighting and compositing tools
- Optimize setups for rendering
- As needed, serve as lighting and compositing point person in production specific meetings and reviews
- Aesthetic eye for light composition and detail
- Strong understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design
- Experience in Maya and Nuke
- Experience compositing render passes generated from V-Ray
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time-management skills
- Ideally 2 years of experience in television animation, feature animation, VFX, and/or video games
- Knowledge of XGen and Shave and a Haircut preferred
- Python scripting experience preferred
- Working knowledge of linear workflows
- Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
- Strong visual storyteller with knowledge of traditional film language and in camera effects preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.