We are looking for a VP of Brand Marketing to create a world-class brand vision and lead our internal Voice of the Customer. This role will lead our Brand Marketing team including leadership of four key functions: Consumer Insights, Social & Audience Engagement (includes Influencer Marketing), PR / Communications (external & internal) and Editorial & Cross-Channel Campaigns. This is a highly visible role across the organization and is an opportunity to make a lasting impact on the growth and success of Craftsy. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of creating a consumer brand and building strong teams.
Responsibilities for the Vice President, Brand Marketing include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the strategic oversight of brand initiatives, campaigns and customer research programs for our fast-growing consumer-facing brand.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert for the company in understanding our customers, their behavior and motivations.
- Oversee the development of strategic plans & execution across all areas of ownership including the definition & evaluation of key metrics that tie to business goals.
- Work cross-functionally with acquisition & retention marketing, creative, content, ecommerce, product management, customer support and other related functions to deliver consistency in the customer experience and drive brand awareness.
- Leverage your storytelling super power to drive editorial strategy & campaign development.
- Provide input and significantly influence the direction of our marketing and competitive strategies.
- Monitor retail, media and consumer trends and determine implications for our business.
- Be a thought leader who drives innovative marketing ideas and strategies.
- Build strong partnerships and establish credibility with the internal team, based upon a demonstrated collaborative approach, leadership skills and experience.
Minimum 10 years brand marketing experience, building and executing an integrated marketing and communication strategy.
Minimum 5 years digital direct-to-consumer subscriber-based marketing experience with a financial metric responsibility.
Demonstrated experience working and leveraging consumer insights as well as data and analytics.
Proven ability to grow a business including hitting revenue targets.
Experience working in media or related industry a plus.
Superior analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to translate into an executable strategic plan.
Proven ability to use successful non-traditional strategies while challenging others to think differently and innovate in service to the brand and the business.
Experienced leader with a successful track-record executing by an inter-connective strategies, brand building, and marketing innovation.
Proven experience building and growing a marketing function.
Proven collaborative team leader and culture builder.
Experience leading large teams.
Proven ability to operate in a matrix and cross-functional organization.
Bachelor’s Degree desired. MBA or Master’s Degree in marketing preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Craftsy’s mission is to empower people who can't help but create! Recently acquired by NBCUniversal and combining cutting-edge expertise in digital media, technology, content and ecommerce, Craftsy is on the verge of its next amazing growth story to become a world-renowned destination for maker’s lifestyle learning.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.