I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘Privacy Settings’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘Jobs by email’ then choose ‘Remove this job alert email’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
We have a very exciting and rare opportunity for a talented individual to join our experienced team.
Funko Animation Studios are an awarding winning animation production company based in the heart of Bath; we produce work of the very highest calibre. In recent years Funko has become established as a global pop culture phenomenon; working with Lucas Films, Marvel, Disney, DC Comics, Warner Bros, and Microsoft, the animated content produced at Funko Animation Studios in Bath heralds a new era of original Funko animation.
You can find most recent examples of our work here: https:// Apply/watch?v=OQJXLauPqOI
And here: https:// Apply/watch?v=AY8vm2y5MJk
We are looking for a Technical Director to work in our busy team. Previous experience in animation is essential; The ideal candidate would come into this role with an understanding of basic animation pipelines and workflow.
The role is offered on a permanent, in-house, full-time contract basis with an immediate start. The Technical Director will report to our in-house Company Executives.
We produce content across a range of animation styles with a well-established CG unit and emerging 2D team. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, organised, able to use their initiative and generally make themselves indispensable in this fast-paced and rewarding environment.
The ideal candidate’s skillset will include:
• 5 + years minimum industry experience
• Solid understanding of rendering techniques, shaders, physics, lighting, etc.
• Proficiency with Maya, Houdini and/or similar software
• Demonstrates understanding of optimization
• Able to quickly understand in-house tools and provide feedback on improving pipelines and tool sets
• Strong understanding of technical budgets
• Works in an organized and timely fashion
• Excellent sense of scale and composition/framing
• Interest in organizing, training, and mentoring other artists
• Good time management skills and efficient development processes, and the ability to apply those principles towards effectively meeting schedules and deadlines
• Model, texture, animate, and light VFX assets to Design & Art Directors specifications
• Experience building tools to improve pipelines across all aspects of production
• Relevant programming or scripting experience architecting and building tools for artists
• Experience with Maya, MEL, and Python preferred
If you fit this description we’d love to hear from you, please send across you showreel, and a copy of your CV with a suitable cover letter to: Apply
*Please note candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to work in-house at our main studio located in central Bath.
If your application does not fulfil the specified criteria, it will be disregarded. NO TIMEWASTERS.
START DATE – February 2019
SALARY – DOE
CONTRACT – permanent
Ref: Technical Director
Full TimeFreelanceGlendale, Arizona, United States
ResponsibilitiesThe Associate Producer (Front End) is responsible for managing the creative process for traditional front end depar...