The Squawk Box Producer will book top-caliber guests and produce related segments for CNBC's Flagship morning program.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and producing live and taped guest segments
• Generating original content ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources
• Identifying and booking compelling guests
• Conducting pre-interviews of guests and arranging for any necessary travel
• Writing compelling copy and teases
• Securing elements such as sound bites and video to support segments
• Partnering with other departments as needed (Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations)
• Developing and maintaining good relationships with news sources
• Assisting Line Producers in the production of the show
• At least 3 years of experience booking and segment producing in a live television environment, with demonstrated writing, research and communication skills
• Associate, Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience
• Exemplary editorial judgment
• Successful candidates will be self-starters with superior contacts who can work effectively and creatively under daily deadline pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story
• Willingness to accommodate a demanding production schedule and flexibility to work weekends and some holidays when and as required
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• Strong understanding of the markets and prior experience at a financial news network is a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.