Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.SCANLINE VFX VANCOUVER LINKEDIN TITLE
LIGHTER JOB SUMMARY
The Lighting artist is responsible for the lighting and rendering of elements needed to complete high-end photorealistic CG characters and environments. RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Create and design lighting for complex scenes; look developed assets, animation files, simulation and effects elements
- Work with supervisors and compositors to ensure that all elements delivered work as needed to achieve the desired look
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- BA/Diploma in area of Digital Arts preferred
- 5+ years experience in VFX feature films
- Proficiency with 3ds Max and VRay preferred, experience with Maya ->VRay, Arnold or other software considered
- Clear understanding of color space, image-based lighting, shading and advanced rendering methodologies
- Ability to multitask, completing tasks within production schedules and deadlines in an organized manner
- Work well within a team environment and responsive to direction and guidance from supervisors
- Independently and proactively solve technical issues, work well under pressure
+Dental Insurance HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.