An exciting opportunity has opened for an internship with the Amsterdam-based Home Entertainment Marketing department, part of global media company, NBCUniversal! Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding work environment? Interested in a Marketing and comunications career in media or the entertainment industry? If so, this is a great opportunity for you to gain valuable work experience in a professional, fun and friendly atmosphere!
This internship is most suitable for third- or fourth-year Bachelor students. It requires a 5-day per week availability and provides for a monthly allowance of EUR 500,-. The start date of the internship is September 2018.
We accept applications until 15 June 2018 and for this role Fluent Dutch is a must!Qualifications/Requirements
- Assist with the creation and execution of marketing campaigns for DVD & Blu-ray releases and catalogue campaigns;
- Post-campaign analyses and the results post-campaign;
- Data analysis of sales numbers;
- Creating product presentations;
- Updating weekly reports and distributing them;
- Assist before and during the monthly Sales & Marketing meetings;
- Management of the social media pages e.g. creating campaigns, posts and community management;
- Managing our image database;
- Writing and checking synopsis texts for on DVD & Blu-ray artwork;
- Deliver text, image and video assets to creative agencies and retail for the purpose of digital, print, radio and TV campaigns;
- Handle prize contests and requests for reviews in partnership with the PR agencies;
- Organising orders for product and merchandise for internal use and agencies;
- Send and archive check discs;
- Assist with the management of the consumer website and email newsletter;
- Ad hoc assignments or related administrative duties.
- Bachelor student Marketing, Communication, International Business or related;
- Minimum availability for internship: 20 weeks, no maximum timeframe;
- Persuasive communicator: ability to work across functions and work with external stakeholders;
- Problem solving skills and able to work to tight deadlines;
- Fosters creativity and innovation;
- Enjoys working within a team, but is able to work independent as well. Contributes to great team atmosphere;
- Fluent in Dutch and English both speaking & writing.
- Systems: Can work basics of Excel, Word and PowerPoint and is a quick learner.
Remember > We will require your cover letter in Dutch.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) is the global home entertainment division of Universal Pictures, headquartered in Los Angeles and headed by President, Universal Pictures Worldwide Home Entertainment, Eddie Cunningham. UPHE markets and distributes all Universal Pictures new release and catalogue content, as well as distributing content for other studios including Paramount, Sony and StudioCanal. The Company also has a significant business in locally produced and acquired content across film, TV and special interest. UPHE distributes through its own operations in the US, UK, Japan, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Canada, Luxembourg, Italy and New Zealand and through a variety of distribution partnerships with other studios in Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Spain, Russia, Brazil and Mexico. UPHE covers another 55 territories through a network of local licensees. UPHE is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.