- Oversee and handle all aspects of editing of sports television and/or video segments, including, but not limited to, highlight packages, features, breakdowns, bumpers and teases, as well as cueing shots and properly securing footage to be used in such segments.
- Conduct interviews and field produce as needed.
- Help oversee and handle live on-air and taped event production, such as segments for NY1.
- Regularly generate and distribute story and show ideas across all shows and digital platforms.
- Assist in identifying proper show content for both half-hour and hour-long rundowns.
- Work quickly and efficiently to meet all deadlines.
- Delegate responsibilities as necessary to get work created to meet deadlines.
- Assist show producers in the generation of show rundowns.
- Handle the high-stress, live situations (in and out of the control room) in a positive and constructive manner with peers, management, and across teams.
- Work closely with on-air talent.
- Continue to develop skill sets needed to regularly and independently take on other positions in sports production, including Video Producing or Producing work when assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTSMinimum 2 years’ experience in sports newsroom environment.
Thorough knowledge of sports, both locally and nationally.
Proven ability to cut video, sound and breakdowns on all Mets-related programming at a high level
Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must.
Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
Punctual, regular and consistent attendance.
Ideal candidate is an organized professional capable of handling multiple tasks and setting priorities.
Applicants must be able to work nights, late nights, weekends and holidays.
Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, Media Manager and Ross OverDrive a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.