Work with E! News production and post production teams to efficiently coordinate & schedule post production bays
- Keep and maintain running post production schedule for as many as 18 bays. Assign AM and PM producers to edit bays in concert with Supervising Producers. Coordinate with Post team.
- Track daily bay usage and actively adjust schedules in real time as needs change. Fill in unused time whenever possible.
- Make sure AM and PM flashes are delivered and entered into REACT system
- Gather all music cues from packages in the show, create music list and enter into Frequency music database each day
- Purge aired packages and archive future packages. Direct the deletion of packages in the edit bay once they air
- Make sure show blocks are delivered and serve as a liaison between production and East Coast network control for any revisions
- During taping, spend majority of time circulating edit bays, ensuring producers and editors are meeting deadlines and delivering packages to studio control as needed
- Liaison between line producer and producers during show taping -- making sure everyone is aware of deadlines or changes
- Help producers get into edit bays if they are behind or for any additional cuts
- Work with studio if there are any issues sending/receiving packages to East Coast network control
- Direct editors and work in tandem with production assistants to archive footage as needed
- Book feeds & send notices for feed schedule for daily production, if needed
- Daily support of production management & post production teams
- Maintain good working relationships and cooperate actively with internal and external groups
- Assist with any edit issues, which may arise.
- Work on other projects and duties as assigned
• Minimum of 1 year production/studio/field work
• Experience in a television news environment
• Experience in ScheduALL a plus
• Able to work within a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment while keeping a cool demeanor.
• Enjoyment and ability to solve problems and troubleshoot with creative personalities
• Attention to details and can wear many hats at any time
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.