NBC Sports Regional Networks internship opportunities give students real world experience and exposure to one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment. Internships are the perfect way to gain experience while learning what a career at NBC Universal might hold in store for you. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. PLEASE READ INTERNSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Marketing Internship Responsibilities include:
- This posting is for the Fall 2018 internship program, the program generally runs from September through December
- The internship is in person at our office in Portland, OR
- Cover Letters are required and should be addressed to the NBC Sports Internship Program
- Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
- Application deadline is July 13, 2018, interested candidates should apply by this date
- You must meet the basic qualifications to be considered for the internship *Please review the basic qualifications carefully
- Recent graduates will NOT be eligible for this program
- Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission from the Vice President, Human Resources NBC Sports Regional Networks, or a successor/designee.
- Assist with live events through planning and executing on-site events and promotions
- Recap events and promotions
- Contribute to social media content and promotional posting
- Analyze social media to gain insight into who fans are and what content they engage with to help shape and support social media strategy
- Plan network promotional calendar
- Prepare All-Star Coach Program nomination documents
- Handle day-to-day tasks as required
- Observe all departments to gain understanding of overall business
Basic Qualifications In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must be able to work on-site in Portland, OR
Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
Previous internship and/or work experience in an office environment
Proactive, independent worker with the demonstrated capacity to lead, work well with others
Professional demeanor, positive attitude and eager to learn
Strong interest in understanding the Sports Media landscape
Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at a time
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 9 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Northwest, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia+ and SportsNet New York.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.