OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
PRODUCTION ENGINEERING INTERN
Our summer internship program is a fun, exciting and education-packed 10 weeks. Each intern is specially selected and placed in a department that best fits their skills and interests. Throughout the 10 weeks they will be mentored and supervised by a Blue Sky professional in that field.
We have 2 types of internship - Artistic/Production and Technical. Applications for the technical internships are now open. The artistic Internships will open in January 2019
All of the Summer 2018 internships start in early June and end in early August. They are open to all college students whose graduation dates fall within the following time frame: Winter 2018 through Spring 2020. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
PRODUCTION ENGINEERING INTERN
Production Engineering designs and implements software tools that manage and visualize the data used in the creation of animated feature films. Production Engineers are responsible for integrating proprietary and third party tools into production. PE standardizes the workflow to ensure clean handoff of data and is involved with every production department from Design to Final Render. Production Engineers interns should be pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering with proficiency in C, C++, Python, and Object Oriented Programming.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Pursuing B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
- Strong programming skills. Proficiency in Python, C++, Object Oriented Programming, Model/View/Controller framework.
- Experience with using and integrating major third party tools such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Shotgun
- Experience with multiple GUI toolkits (Qt a plus)
- Knowledge and/or experience with back end persistent storage mechanisms such as SQL, XML, JSON a plus.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently or within a group, and work with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
Please make sure you include the following in your application:
- Cover letter
- A separate pdf with a list of the the following information: your name, your school, month and year of your graduation, contact information for 3 references, Link to your website and password (if applicable), Do you currently have the legal right to work within the US.
- If you have a demo reel, please make sure to include a link (and password if you have one) in the online application as well as your resume and the separate PDF. Put it in as many places as possible. :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.