OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Our summer internship program is a fun, exciting and education-packed 10 weeks. Each intern is specially selected and placed in a department that best fits their skills and interests. Throughout the 10 weeks they will be mentored and supervised by a Blue Sky professional in that field.
We have 2 types of internship - Artistic/Production and Technical. Applications for the technical internships are now open. The artistic Internships will open in January 2019
All of the Summer 2018 internships start in early June and end in early August. They are open to all college students whose graduation dates fall within the following time frame: Winter 2018 through Spring 2020. All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT INTERN
The Research & Development department develops software in several areas: rendering and associated queueing and image tools; scene modeling and fur/hair/vegetation modeling and simulation tools; character and crowd rigging components and animation efficiency boosting tools. R&D Interns should be pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering with strong math or science and algorithm backgrounds and show an affinity for problems related to CGI.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Education: Pursuing BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Physics or Math preferred.
- Experience: programming experience in Computer Graphics / Vision, Physics or Math.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Strong organizational and time management discipline.
- Ability to discuss and explain technical issues with non-technical production staff
- Ability to anticipate, understand and respond to artistic considerations when developing software.
- Operate professionally and effectively in stressful situations.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work both in a group and alone
- Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
Please make sure you include the following in your application:
- Cover letter
- A separate pdf with a list of the the following information: your name, your school, month and year of your graduation, contact information for 3 references, Link to your website and password (if applicable), Do you currently have the legal right to work within the US.
- If you have a demo reel, please make sure to include a link (and password if you have one) in the online application as well as your resume and the separate PDF. Put it in as many places as possible. :)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.