DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Visual Development Artist to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.We are looking for an experienced Visual Development Artist with a strong knowledge base in design and experience creating matte paintings. This role will work with the design team on the Fast and Furious , a CG action show. She/he will be responsible for the concept and creation of visual development assets, painting cycloramas and matte paintings (2.5d). She/he will have a strong design foundation in order to accomplish the required tasks with a minimal amount of direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the creative leadership of the series design and paint environments, cycloramas and matte paintings using 2D and 3D tools and techniques
- Responsible for conceptualizing and visualizing ideas, including the creation of detailed backgrounds, landscapes and environments
- Ability to come up with inventive ideas to enhance visual concepts
- Willingness to take direction and rework material while maintaining a fresh perspective
- Communicate progress of tasks to appropriate production staff
- Have a thorough knowledge of matte painting techniques with an emphasis on perspective, composition, depth, lighting and color
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Maya
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is a team player, who genuinely enjoys working with others
- Strong time-management skills
- Works well in a fast paced environment under pressure
- Portfolio that demonstrates seasoned design and painting skills
- Television and/or Feature Animation experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.