CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented editor to develop its leadership coverage under its new NYC-based Make It website. Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly vertical of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, money and lifestyle.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing and developing CNBC Make It’s leadership coverage.
• Working with staff reporters and outside contributors to deliver compelling, insightful and high-quality digital content.
• Generating innovative story and series ideas, and executing on existing franchises.
• Identifying and building partnerships that strengthen coverage.
• Collaborating with Make It's digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
• At least 5 years experience as a writer and/or editor, including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to accurately and clearly edit and write in a fast-paced news environment.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• The ideal candidate is a storytelling entrepreneur in his/her own right--someone who is excited about the success of a new enterprise, and curious about the world.
• This individual will see story ideas in the unexpected, and can’t wait to bring them back to the team.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include Apply
, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.