Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team.
WB Games SF is seeking a Software Engineer for Central Product Management. As a Software Engineer on the team, you’ll work on networking the WB mobile gaming portfolio by building the social platform for all of WB mobile games.
What part will you play?
This individual contributor role will have a variety of responsibilities. The primary responsibility of the position is server-side chat development including working on distributed systems problems, performance, and scalability. As a seasoned Engineer, you will also be involved in brainstorming sessions, design discussions, and code reviews.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines and studios to help develop practical solutions that will bring our games to life. In this position you will have the opportunity to impact many areas of our software, while setting and maintaining the highest possible quality bar for yourself and the rest of the team.
- Execute full life-cycle software development.
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code.
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Understand mobile software application development broadly throughout full stack.
- Develop software applications in new languages and systems including C++ 11/14/17.
- Design, implement, test new features from the ground up.
- Operate a live product in a rapidly shifting technical environment.
What do we require from you?
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- At least 4 years of software engineer experience.
- Work experience with command line debuggers. (gdb, lldb).
- Experience working with C++ 11/14/17 codebase.
- Experience working with C++ Thread Support Library (std::thread, std::mutex, std::future, etc.).
- Deep understanding of multi-threaded design, parallel computing algorithms, problems, and solutions.
- Understanding methods for performance and memory use optimization.
- At least basic grasp of template meta programming in C++.
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
- Experience with network game design and development a plus.
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong experience in estimating projects and time management skills.
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Networking and protocols. (http, web sockets).
- Cloud computing. (GCloud, AWS, Kubernetes).
- Performance monitoring tools.
- Rebase workflow in git.