OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Blue Sky Studios
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. Blue Sky Studios is the animation studio behind the wildly successful ICE AGE and RIO franchises, along with this year's FERDINAND animated feature film!
The Production Coordinator is responsible moving and tracking the inventory through the department in accordance with the schedule. They are involved in prioritizing work, planning for proper kickoffs and ensuring delivery of assets/shots through the process in a timely manner. S/he will assist in cross-departmental communication and ensure that the artists have what they need to deliver their assignments on-time.
- Organize and manage production schedule for departments, which includes frequent spreadsheet and project file updates
- Help manage the team through frequent updates and asset/shot tracking
- Communicate with leads & supervisors regarding deadlines and prepping work for daily rounds
- Work with production assistant in daily rounds - either solving last-minute issues or calling out work for approval
- Responsible for delegation to and mentoring of Production Assistants.
- Help to ensure that the correct processes are being followed and meetings are scheduled in order for department work to start in an efficient manner.
- Work with other departments to resolve any outstanding issues with work flow
- Track and report progress of all work in the studio asset tracking system
- Ensure all artists complete their work in a timely manner to not hold up other pipeline departments
- Organize agendas with PAS for all meetings and ensure all needed artists are present at meetings
- Organize department extra-curricular activities (field trips, screenings, outings, etc.)
- Set up new hires with workstations and ensure proper training for studio processes (timesheets, vacation requests, department notes, etc.)
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years successful production experience as a Production Assistant or similar.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, Project, etc.
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a team environment
- Ability to work professionally while maintaining a pleasant/positive attitude in a high stress environments with hard deadlines.
- Ability in Shotgun or similar production tracking system a plus
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt to changing departmental needs.
- Ability to relate to and effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
- Production Management provides management support to the Production Pipeline, and as such, flexible working hours and the ability to work Overtime, as necessary, are required as a fundamental and necessary part of this job
- Office working environment
- Approximately 60% of time spent working on a Computer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.