- Assist news producers in gathering production elements for stories including b-roll, sound bites, still pictures, videos/images from social media.
- Pulling, viewing and logging clips.
- Research stories
- Working with producers to assist and coordinate tracking times and voice over sessions.
- Coordinating with editor on the uploading of files and footage (from Daisy or purchased from vendors).
- Research and fact check information in the script.
- Pulling music cues/sound effects from music library.
- Check competing entertainment websites for story ideas.
- Pitch stories.
- Work closely with editors and visual producer to ensure all story elements are delivered (pictures/videos/animations).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 6 months experience working in broadcast news, video production, or related internship
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
- Willingness to work in Los Angeles, CA
- Must be willing to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Knowledge of iNews is a plus
- Good people and problem-solving skills
- Strong pop culture knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Capable of handling intense deadlines and multi-tasking
- Excellent research skills; demonstrated creativity, responsibility and organizational abilities a must
- Organized, responsible, accurate, able to work well under pressure and without constant supervision
- Hours must be flexible to accommodate breaking news, including early mornings, nights and weekends
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.