At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Digital Animator is responsible for creating high quality compositions, 2D animations and assets under the direction of the Digital Animation Supervisor. The Digital Animator ensures that all deliverables align with each show’s established look and schedule.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Animator to join its team based in Glendale, California. This position is covered by the Animation Guild. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the final composite and output of assigned animation scenes
- Work with the Global VFX Supervisor on exploration of look development for new shows and perform RnD as needed
- Partner with show Creative Leadership on designing and implementing non-traditional animation techniques
- Work closely with the Lighting/Compositing Supervisor on CG shows to ensure that the shot matches the aesthetic of the surrounding scenes
- Work on scene paint over tasks; artwork for the paint over shots are often provided by the design team but will occasionally require that the artwork be created by the Digital Animator working on the scene
- Design and create reusable character rigs that are flexible enough to be used for the duration of the series
- Address any issues and retakes that come up during the final editorial/post review including the reworking of a shot to conform to the Harding Test standard
- Rebuild, match and/or troubleshoot compositing and scene files from our Partner Studio(s)
- Collaborate with the team to identify and create custom tools to aid in pipeline efficiency
- Test new software and provide feedback to the Digital Animation Supervisor
● Strong understanding of After Effects and Maya
● Experience in advanced compositing and knowledge of Nuke
● Demonstrated character animation skill set
● Experience in a variety of animation styles
● Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
● Strong time-management skills
● At least 5 years of experience working in animation, compositing and/or FX
● Experience with ToonBoom Harmony or Moho a plus
● Demonstrated CG generalist experience desired
● Experience in television or game production is highly desirable
● Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
● May require travel to international Partner Studio(s)
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.