At DreamWorks Animation Television, our Character Modeler is responsible for creating models during pre-build including characters, character blend shapes and character UV unwraps. The Character Modeler ensures that all deliverables align with the production’s schedule, technical specifications and creative vision of the series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Character Modeler to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create detailed models during pre-build in a variety of styles, including characters, character blend shapes and character UV unwraps
- Ensure that character assets are high quality while staying within the production’s parameters, pipeline and schedule
- Provide recommendations and suggestions for designs and animatics that adhere to the production’s schedule
- Generate overview notes for designs in order to meet the requirements for the series
- Work closely with Partner Studio(s) to ensure all modeling work aligns with the creative and technical specifications of the production while ensuring scheduled deadlines are met
- Review and provide noted direction on assets submitted by our Partner Studio(s)
- Document workflows and processes using Camtasia video and Publisher software
- Serve as Character Modeling point person in show specific meetings and reviews when needed
- May work directly with the Global VFX Supervisor on character look development for upcoming shows
● Advanced knowledge of hard surface characters and organic models
● Intricate understanding of Maya’s referencing system and ability to organize complex hierarchies
● Practical experience utilizing Zbrush on a production
● Solid modeling and rigging skills
● Experience working in a fast paced production environment
● Creative problem solving skills and adaptability skills
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
● At least 3 years of experience working as a Character Modeler in television animation, feature animation, VFX and/or video games
● Knowledge of Marvelous Designer a plus
● Experience with asset management software, Shotgun preferred
● Experience working with international Partner Studio(s) is a plus
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.